This post is for all my couples who have decided 100% that they aren’t having a first look but still want some fun ideas to incorporate into their wedding. I'll be covering my top 5 unique & sentimental wedding day ideas as well as my recommendations on the amount of time to set aside for each. These are guaranteed to bring on the waterworks, make for unforgettable memories and photo ops with your loved ones, no first look required.
Can you still use these ideas if you're having a first look? Absolutely!
I’m all for educating my couples who are on the fence about the many benefits of a first look, but I know that there are some couples that know it’s not for them. I would never want to try to convince them otherwise. Your wedding day is about honoring the two of you as a couple, and I strongly believe that whether you want to keep it more traditional or put a unique flair on your day, it should be true to you.
Those who have been following me for a while probably think I sound like a broken record, but I want to make sure you know that I’m on your side and will back you up no matter what you decide. There are so many voices and opinions when you’re planning your day, and for those that may not have a support system, please know that you can come to me if you need to.
Long winded intro aside, let’s get into the good stuff!
1. First look with bridesmaids. This is such a fun way to incorporate your ladies and makes for adorable and sometimes even hilarious photos. This is actually best incorporated when you don't have a first look with your groom planned because you'll have more time before the ceremony to spend with your bridesmaids.
I recommend setting aside an additional 10 minutes into your timeline after getting your dress on for this.
2. First look with family members. Usually you are surrounded by a ton of people on your wedding day, so this is such a wonderful opportunity to get some one on one time with a special family member.
3. First touch. If you want to calm your nerves on your wedding day by spending a special moment with your soon to be spouse, but don't want them seeing your before the ceremony, a first touch might be for you!
This allows you guys to have a special moment alone to talk with each other before the whirlwind of your ceremony and reception. I recommend setting aside 10-15 minutes in your timeline for this.
4. The reception space reveal. This is such a great idea in my opinion because it gives the two of you a chance to see your decorated reception space before guests crowd in.
I recommend setting aside 5 minutes in your timeline after portraits and before cocktail hour ends for this.
5. Private last dance. It's up to you whether you want your photographer and videographer in the room for this, but it allows the two of you a moment alone to soak everything in before you leave your wedding and head off into forever.
I recommend 5 minutes for this. It's ideal if you're doing a grand sparkler exit to have guests line up during this time.
I hope your found some unique ideas that speak to you to incorporate into your wedding day. Remember that there are no rules when it comes to your wedding, do what feels right to you!
Second shot for Paris Scott Photography
#orlandoweddingphotographer #floridaweddingphotographer #newsmyrnabeachweddingphotographer #grandolbarn #orlandoweddingvenue #orlandowedding #orlandophotographer #orlandoelopementphotographer #orlandocouplesphotographer #orlandoweddingphotography #orlandoengagementphotographer #orlandoweddingvendors #orlandobride #justengagedorlando #orlandoengagement #floridaweddingphotographer #floridaweddings #floridawedding #justengagedflorida #floridaelopementphotographer #floridaengagementphotographer #bride2022